The pavilion houses a pro shop, a skate rental shop and a skate sharpener. The ice is used by the hockey and figure skating clubs, women's division I ice hockey team, intramural hockey and broomball leagues, classes conducted by the Department of Recreation Services and the Department of Health and Exercise Science. Special group reservations and ice rentals are available to Syracuse University affiliates.
Special thanks to the Tennity family for this contribution to the quality of life at Syracuse University.
Individual and Family Use
Syracuse University and ESF students holding current and valid ID cards will be admitted to the Pavilion at no charge.
The following individuals who hold valid ID cards may be admitted to the Pavilion by paying an admission charge and are eligible to purchase passes of varying options.
SUCE Students, SU and ESF Faculty, Spouses and Dependents.
Domestic Partners of full time Faculty and Staff.
SU Alumni Card Holders (picture ID and the Alumni Card required).
Each of these eligible users may bring two non-student guests at the time of admission by paying the current admission fee. The host is responsible for and must accompany the guest.
|Admission Charges are:|
|Per visit||$ 5|
|3 Month Individual Pass||$40|
|3 Month Family Pass||$60|
|6 Month Individual Pass||$60|
|6 Month Family Pass||$90|
|9 Month Individual Pass||$80|
|9 Month Family Pass||$120|
|12 Month Individual Pass||$100|
|12 Month Family Pass||$150|
|Skate Rental (per visit)||$4|
Dependents under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Mondays : Half Price Skate Rentals
Tuesdays : Half Price Skate Rentals
Recognized Syracuse University and College of Environmental Science and Forestry organizations and departments may reserve ice time at the prevailing fee.
Reservations must be made at least 30 days in advance by submitting a completed Facility Reservation Form. Forms are available at the Tennity Ice Pavilion, by clicking on the link; or by calling 443-4254.
Use during reservations is limited to eligible members of Syracuse University and the College of Environmental Science and Forestry, and pre-approved guests.
Note: The use of cell phones with picture-taking capability is strictly prohibited in locker rooms and is not allowed in other areas without first getting permission to film.
(Resurfacing time of 10 minutes is deducted where applicable)
External Rental Fees
Main Surface (per hour) $85.00
Studio Rink (per hour) $35.00
Internal Rental Fees
Main Surface (per hour) $75.00
Studio Rink (per hour) $20.00
One skate guard provided; additional cost for others where necessary.
Skate rentals not included.
Referees can be provided at additional cost if needed.
Skating Instructors can be provided for group instruction at $ 30 per hour if needed.Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion External Organization Rental Policies
- Any organization external to Syracuse University renting the facility must be exempt from New York real property taxes in its own right.
- The organization renting the facility must use the property exclusively for its tax exempt purposes. An allowable example is a youth hockey team that is tax exempt for the purpose of playing hockey. An example that is not allowed would be a hospital whose tax exempt purpose is to administer to the sick who wishes to rent the facility for a hockey, broomball or pizza party.
- Organizations will be charged at the current hourly rate including any charges for personnel and basic custodial services.
- The organization must provide a copy of its tax determination letter from the IRS specifying the tax code section under which the organization is tax exempt.
- The organization must covenant in writing that it will use the facility exclusively for the organization’s tax exempt purposes. The organization must agree to indemnify Syracuse University for any real estate property tax (or other costs) the university may incur if the organization is not in fact tax exempt or does not use the property for tax exempt purposes.
- The organization must provide a written request to rent the facility within two weeks of the requested date.
- The organization agrees to be responsible for any and all damages caused to the facility as a result of its rental.
- The facility will be reserved granted all of the above conditions are met and the staff at the Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion are available to facilitate the request.
- The organization must agree to provide Syracuse University with payment within two weeks of the rental.